Utdannelse i Barneyoga -
(recognized as a Yoga Alliance RCYS) register here
In this teacher training program, all of the tools and training necessary to get you moving towards becoming a kids yoga teacher are offered. This is the Level 1 part one.
Date: September 16-18, 2016 9:30am-5:30pm
Schedule 24H: 9:30am-5:30pm
• Introduction to KiDo Yoga Lineage - Yogic Arts for Kids a blend of Astanga Yoga and Martial Arts
• Seated Asanas with YogaRhymes for younger kids as a circular class - KiDo rhyming way of teaching seated poses for ages 2.5 and older
• Pranayama Practice - lead by example, learn adult practice, teach simple concepts - Building the solid base of breath control as an adult practice.
• Yogic Life Lecture -Advice for living a Powerful Life
• Universal Teaching Formula-All the how to’s of teaching kid’s yoga
• Pranayama Practice-Continued practice of adult breath control to deepen our adult practice
• Sample KiDo Kids Yoga Class using a Seated Asanas set - Experience what a KDKY class looks like
• Warrior Salutation with YogaRhymes for a well-rounded kids yoga class - Sun Salutation (Surya Namaskara) for ages 4 and older
• Games for a Kid’s Yoga class-Games grouped by age and content as well as how to invent more
• Anatomy for Children-Introduction to simple anatomy that can be used to teach children
• Pranayama Practice-Continued practice of adult breath control to lock in the knowledge
• Sample KiDo Kids Yoga Class using the Warrior Salutation - Building familiarity of what a KDKY class looks like
• Chanting and Aromatherapy -Singing in a yoga circle with essential oils for relaxation in a kid’s class
• Stories of Asanas -The stories behind the yoga poses from Indian Epic Literature
• Stories with Visuals -Incorporating story and visual props into a kids yoga class
• Testing and Teaching-Each student will have the opportunity to teach a mini class with feedback
Adult with basic athletic ability and all levels of yoga experience are welcome.
Basia Lipska Larsen